Monday 28 March 2011

BRUCE AND THE SHAOLIN BRONZEMEN (Philippines)


So amazing you'll have to lie down to absorb it!!!

I watched BRUCE AND THE SHAOLIN BRONZEMEN and... argh... my brain is toast now! It was... quite an over-the-top excursion into pure insane cinematic madness!! HIGHLY recommended I might add!! I think it only ran 70 minutes or so but those 70 minutes... oh man! Fans of real kung fu flicks would probably hate it but as a Filipino trash film aficionado I completely loved it. My god! None of you should refrain from watching this due to its being a martial arts film or not a real Filipino exploitationer.

Oh, and the dubbing! From old HK kung fu movie tapes I'm of course used to the "ordinary" dubbing but this was different: everyone (including "Bruce Lee") had been dubbed into English... with a thick Filipino accent!! And it seemed as if the English lines had been either made on the spot or just by some translator who wasn't completely familiar with the lingo. I'm definitely gonna watch it again.

I'm gonna blow ya no matter what you say!

Hey, why ya try and blow him!! Get off!!





Killer dwarfs!





Silence! I kill you! I stare! You die!


[First posted in 2009.]

3 comments:

  1. more better if we can watch the whole movie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ehh, yeah, well, get hold of it then. Duh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this one, but haven't watched it from start to finish yet. Skimmed through it and found all the midget action to be a riot.

    ReplyDelete