Wednesday 15 August 2012

Backyard Asia's latest film acquisitions: WONDER WOMEN

aka THE DEADLY AND THE BEAUTIFUL (Philippines, 1973)


I won the rare Dutch VHS release of Robert Vincent O'Neill's WONDER WOMEN (aka The Dead and the Beautiful) on eBay a few days ago (from one of Cinehound's Member-X's auctions). The film may have been released on video in other territories but I've never come across any other release. Something Weird Video in the US have released a DVD-R of the films. Their print is taken from a good looking 16mm print. I posted about it quite a while ago (you can see the cover under the film's real index entry here). Code Red (also in the US) have announced a DVD release but knowing that label I wouldn't hold my breath until the DVD gets here. Sometimes their releases take a long (like in loooooong) while to materialise. I'm certainly happy to have won this tape. Oh, and Vic Diaz is of course in there somewhere!

Here's the trailer for the film:


2 comments:

  1. Congrats, Jack! In the US this was released to home video on the Media label as "The Deadly and the Beautiful" There are currently four used VHS copies available on amazon.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, buddy!! And also thanks for the info. I'll check Amazon but I probably won't order the NTSC tape now that I've got both the Dutch tape and the Something Weird DVD. Apparently, Code Red has planned a new DVD but, uh, they're pretty slow with some of their releases so who knows when it'll materialise. :|

    ReplyDelete